Sunday, August 8, 2010

Not accepting submissions


'Sup folks. Something I gotta address here.

This blog is just me posting what I'm listening to the most. And only when I feel like it. I can barely be bothered posting at all. I certainly can't be bothered making a post if I don't love the band/album. I can't just post every band out there. I like the idea of supporting unknown bands just starting out, but I'm not the guy for that*. I don't have the time or energy to get into such a task.

(*I do hope I help the bands I have posted with exposure to new fans, though I realize this kind of site/sharing isn't the kind of exposure some bands want. And I'm not sure I'm helping at all really. I post albums because the music is amazing and people need to hear it.)

I opened the floodgates last year when I posted an email address for this blog. I pretty much only posted it so bands could contact me when they wanted a link/post removed. I started getting some bands sending me stuff to post/review. I had the time to listen to some, and some of it was good, some great. Most of it not so great though. And the emails kept piling up. Now my inbox, which I hardly ever log into, is full of these emails. More than I can possibly listen to. Most I can tell are from people who don't follow the blog and have no idea what my tastes are. Most seem like they were spammed to every blog out there.

If you do actually visit often and you think I will love your band then by all means send me something and I'll try to listen. Look at the caliber of bands that I post and if your band doesn't measure up, don't bother. Only send me something if you want me to hear something. Don't send me anything expecting to get it posted. Honestly, I'd prefer if nobody emailed me at all.

Also most of these emails ask if I want to review the album. I don't write. I'm a terrible writer (obviously). I've never written more than a paragraph on an album here and most of what I write is derivative of "this is awesome".

Sorry for all the emails I never responded to. I'm lazy. And I'm a dick. I'll start trying to respond to emails more often.

Go see RibsOut. Dudes real cool and puts a lot of effort into posting albums that bands send him. Good luck to all the bands.

Here are some of the albums I've received that are really good. Check em out!

Sigmoid Argonaut - EP

Hannah & The Bloodlines - Far From the Tree

Deadhorse - We Can Create Our Own World

Locomotora - Locomotora (2009)

Daleth - Lady of the Lake

Hannibal Montana

cssc A.M.

The Great Curve -An Overwhelming Vastness

Anyways I'll resume regular posting soon including some great lesser-known bands from Montreal. And check out the brilliant track to the right by Sabbath Assembly. Song of the year!

8 comments:

soundweave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Koyber said...

I've discovered a lot of music thanks to you. Since 2007, I think.
So don't apologize, just keep it as always!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat as Koyber. Your stuff is definitely appreciated. Keep on rockin'.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Keep on wankin' it. We all owe you a debt of gratitude.

joc666 said...

Yo Bro, you're totally right. Don't bother all the emails you're getting and just keep up this blog the way you want to do it. Thanx for all the great music you're sharing.
BTW. I don't think you're anti-social or an asshole or whatever. You're just being honest and realistic. Like that...

Anonymous said...

That new Daleth rules!!!

Jim said...

Well said! Continue to kick ass. Thanks.

N0stra said...

I also want to thank you a lot for sharing this wonderful music with us.
Because of your blog I had and have a great opportunity to get to know great bands and albums. Again thank you very much!